[sir_richard] 45270: [PERF]: After spending the better part of the last two days rewriting the HAL V8086 code (used for BIOS Display Reset) in C, it dawned upon me that it shouldn't even be used during bootup in the first place! The boot loader, running in real-mode, already sets video mode 12 when starting ReactOS. We then repeat the operation, but since we're in protected mode, we have to emulate the whole sheebang with V8086 mode. We now initialize bootvid without requesting a mode switch (wh

Show replies by date

5351
days inactive
5351