[fireball] 31112: - Our NtCreateKey currently allows building trees (which is incorrect) if the parent key is a symbolic link (which does exist), but if the target doesn't exist (Since the check 'does parent exist' is done Before the symlink is converted to its target. One side-effect is that although we create the CurrentControlSet symlink to ControlSet001, we never create ControlSet001. We end up creating it later during the boot by creating a sub-key, by exposing the bug in NtCreateKey. Since

Show replies by date

6130
days inactive
6130