Grievance: Cease and Desist Request: Standard Resolution Procedure:
1) The Project Coordinator Should attempt to make decisions according
to the consensus of the Project Members.
Mr. Bragin is making procedural changes with out the full consensus of
all Project Members.
2) The Repository Coordinator Should make decisions which are fair and
reasonable, and preferably consistent with the consensus of the
Due to the unfilled Repository Coordinator position, Mr. Bragin has
assumed full control of that position and making decisions with out
the full consensus of all Project Members.
3) General rules:
a) Violation of first rule: Project Coordinator issued change orders,
Project Members began working on the changes. These changes are
against the general consensus among the Project Members. Reference:
b) Violation of second rule: Project Coordinator banned Project Member
with out the ability to rejoin the Project at any time.
c) Violation of third rule: Project Coordinator assumed full control
of Repository Coordinator position and used that position to remove
access to a Project Member.
Adhering to: Standard Resolution Procedure: The procedure: The
procedure begins when a draft General Resolution is announced on a
public Project mailing list. Which no other rule can apply, I hereby
request a Cease and Desist until this Grievance is heard by all
Project Members. Project Members have a contractual agreement and must
abide by it.
PS: This is a very serious mater and not at all a joke. If this
project has any merit, it needs to resolve these issues in the open.
I haven't been contributing much code to the reactos C++ build engine (RBUILD) lately but I have been improving my own C# implementation of it. Since it's truly OOP and well designed adding and testing new features is easier than with our buggy and messy rbuild.
I use my C# implementation as a playground. My intention is to slowly extend rbuild to turn it in to a build and configuration engine (not only generate the makefile but also the registry and setup files depending on the modules being included).My build engine partly does it so I wanted to show some of the advantages and new features I will be adding to RBUILD in the following months. Some of them are already implemented on my rbuild branch (waiting for Colin to help me merging it back to trunk) while others are still to be coded.
Interesting things to see:
- We have arround 800 modules (including tests)
- Diferent Bootable ISO images with diferent modules and default settings are being build from the same unmodified codebase. see http://www.marcpiulachs.com/reactos/
- Updated reports : http://www.marcpiulachs.com/reactos/core/default.htm
- Automatic dependecy tracker reports .See for example : http://www.marcpiulachs.com/reactos/core/ntoskrnl.htm
- My testing reveals that the minium amount of modules required to produce a bootable ReactOS ISO is currently about 190. see : http://www.marcpiulachs.com/reactos/core/platform.htm. I have been unable to boot with less modules , by tweaking the registry it can probably be reduced even more.
- Even our OS is quite modular we make alot of bad assumptions in our code. (We are not microsoft , we don't have to package our OS in a determinate manner due to obscure marketing reasons. some day reactos should be able to run on a standard pc , on a ARM based device with 64Mb of ram or as headless network router with no GUI at all so don't assume notepad or application XYZ to be present unless it's a *core* component)
- All Iso images are created with an unmodifed code base except for two bugs I fixed in syssetup and setupapi
- Our modules are not very configurable, we should use more defines to turn on and off not desired code at build time. (see linux kernel and xconfig)
I will share more information about how these images are being generated in case anyone is interested and like always, I'm open to your ideas and constructive comments!
am trying to install react-os on a AMD 64 athlon laptop running windows
XP so my system must have NTFS on it, but REACT-OS starts Ok and then
sends this report [unable to verify an NTFS file system] could
someone please help me ? I tried to log on to ros-general but in the
place where I am supposed to type in a certain number all I get is a
large dark area with no specific numbers, the log in gets rejected. I am
too dumb to Linux but I sure like the REACT-OS idea. Than you for any
help you can give me. Joe Noel
Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth
web page from board, page is in canada http://greater-emmanuel.org/Hope4You/
I am been rethinking over some thing in ReactOS
mean while I will not be avail coding on ReactOS at all
or do any commit or helping people as I use to.
I am still piss over some matter betwin me and Alesky
this matter is betwin us two. What happen betwin us
is betwin us. That is all I have say for now. about
And I am rethinking over a sugestions I got from a old
freind maybe start working for him. I do not known
if I do i can not be coding on any opensource project
the contract is for long terms contract and will need
all skill I have. I got this offer for long time ago
and I did say no to it, but it still stand,
reason I did say no to it was I did not want coding behine dorrs or
come up new ideas that being use behine dorrs and u are not avail
to talk about them. I see allot of my life works are being using of
all people that own a laptop or cellphone today.
But one can backtrace the techlogic to me. what I done.
That is how I did want thing be when I was younger.
it is some background info what I did before 2003
after I join ReactOS most people I known ask me if I can quit
from ReactOS and start working for them. One video card manufactor
did contact me when I join ReactOS I can not tell which one.
I solv the main issue I and the manufactor did have.
it was how to open directx hal for the graphic card.
next issue I solv was how to create a surface and access all other
part of directx hal. Next issue we got was DirectX DdBlt it did not
work direcly it took me and the manufactor around 2 days figout
how to use DdBlt so it was avail to blit and see it on the screen.
This informations did not exstis at all in MSDN. after I told open
how it was done and start implemeted it in reactos MS did update the
doc how to optain DirectX HAL. See GdiEntry1-16
This does not mean I am leving ReactOS
it mean I need rethink what I want todo
the options I got is very good one. I like
the offer I got. and I do not known if I will say yes or no
I am not a person say direcly no to money but none can buy me
for money. I choice what I want todo. even it is bad payment.
I have say no to many good deal and work in pass.
what I told u before, I stand with my word, and waiting on
you mail about the details.
To reash me is not via irc any longer
it is on icq / skype or my mail address.